Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Living simple

Living life simpler ( by simple I don't mean easier) but rather clear of clutter or stuff in my surrounding environment has made a huge change in my life. The past few months I have become inspired by watching YouTube Videos from More Melody, and other minimalist bloggers. As I know I will probably not become an extreme minimalist, I have been inspired to live with less stuff. Truth is, I find that I've always liked living simpler. I've learned many new tips  to help me reduce my stuff and I wanted to share a couple on here.

1.Getting rid of junk! Now I admit this is a slow process, and a hard one but you gotta let things go! I've been going through my closet several times now and I gotta say each time I go in, I try to find at LEAST one item I can donate. If I haven't touched an item in a year or two, it's likely I won't wear/use it again. So why not give the item to someone who can enjoy the item as soon as possible. And I get what you're thinking but what if my stuff was expensive? Sell it on an app such as Depop <-- Find us on there.  I used to hold on to things for some pretty dumb reasons and still do, (its a process), but at the end of the day I have to remember, its just a material item, that will stay on this earth when I die. :P

2.Stop buying more junk! I can't begin to tell you how much easier it is to keep areas clean without having so much junk! I am officially done buying stuff because its cute or on sale! I'm taking a break on buying decor and all the junk that sucks me in at the clearance section at Marshall's. Not only am I not bringing home more junk, but I'm saving money honey! 

3. I've learned that  wanting to live simpler, does not mean everyone will want to join you! Don't assume the people you live with want to live simpler too, some people really like stuff. Stay away from the stuff that isn't yours! You wanting to change your lifestyle doesn't mean everyone will support your change. It takes time for someone to understand or get inspired, and it does get frustrating because sometimes their junk gets in the way. Just be patient and maybe just maybe they will want to live simpler too!

4. If you bring an item in, you gotta take one out! I have this rule for myself and I'm glad I do. If I bring in a new something, I look through the old stuff and find something to either donate or sale, this way I'm not collecting things that are similar in use or function. 


I hope these tips help you start off living simpler. I'm not an expert, I'm just going through this journey. I want to be content living with less, and not letting "stuff" take over my life. I want space to breathe not be covered in junk. 

Here is one of the first places I tackled: my dresser! 



I know it doesn't look so bad but its amazing the difference it makes. 




I have to admit I didn't like how clear it looked at first,  but I like it now. If you are wondering why I have plate it's because that's where I place my makeup so I don't ruin my dresser! With less stuff it has been so much easier for me to keep the top of the dresser clean. I like how everything has a place/home now and I'm not overwhelmed with stuff. 

I will be blogging more about living simpler so stay tuned for that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment