Friday, January 9, 2015

Glitter Letter Sign Diy

 As the new year starts I wanted to share with you all a diy project that can motivate you in this year. I decided to choose the word Dream to go into my room. Let this new year be filled with dreams coming to life. As my pastor always mentions "If you are going to dream, you might as well dream big" Not long ago was Catch Her Dreaming was only an idea, and although I still see huge plans for Catch Her Dreaming, I'll never stop dreaming, hence the name of this blog. So this year I want you to not be afraid and to believe your dreams will come to pass. It may not all happen the way you want or right at this moment but there will be progress. I look back to see how far I've come with Catch Her Dreaming and although it may not be what I expected, it's far beyond an idea on a page of a notebook. With that said, here's how you make this Glitter Dream sign:


You will need cardboard letters, you can make them or buy them I found mine at Hobby Lobby and got each letter on sale for only $1. You will also need glitter, and a spraypaint, gluestick, and a sponge. 



Pick out the letters you want for your sign and spray paint them the color of your choice.


Allow the letters to dry a few hours before starting this next step. 






Apply glue in small sections over the letters this way the glue doesn't dry too fast.


Next sprinkle the glitter over the letters and spread with the sponge going over the glue. Repeat this until you cover the entire letters.


Some areas might look patchy you can go over them with more glue or leave it as it is. 


Since the letters don't come with a wall hanger I made my own using a small piece of ribbon and a push pin. 

I hung my sign over my dream/inspiration board. I hope you make your own sign and if you do please tag us on instagram @catchherdreaming we would love to see! Happy New Year and  
Until next time!
 photo poooooooooo_zps491c80aa.png

No comments:

Post a Comment